Tuesday, July 19, 2011

don't forget me. i beg.

so many questions left unanswered. so many pages now blank with too many words. like there's one more stair down the staircase - but there never is.
an emptyness. a bittersweet sting.


you're a masterpiece. a balanced painting. it's been a month.

i'll take another deep breath. it's harder every day without you.
can i ask how you are? can i dare again. i'm dying feeling like i'm helpless.
i know i'll only miss you more.
who am i kidding.

sometimes when i close my eyes at night i picture our first kiss. sometimes i wish i would've missed it. it was too beautiful to be true. and that turned out to be true. i was right all along. funny. funny how that works; funny girl.do you forget me? do you ever reminise? the hours change so fast.
i'm outdated.

you know just how to get me everytime. and now i've written more piano songs about you than ever before. just the music, of course. because
you [hear] music. so i knew you'd be able to hear what i was saying; feeling.
words weren't needed.
words were never needed.
i hope to God you're listeing.


There's no way anyone, who can truely hear music, can be a bad person, l'amour.

don't shy away from all that you are. stop settling for less. you have so much going for you. you can crush me. but please don't crush me cause i'm a dreamer.

sometimes i still laugh to myself when i put my social security number in your phone and you kept it for forever. sometimes i remember how simply your touch made me feel. or when you called me 'your darling girl.'
i keep playing our song. did you honestly believe me when i told you i was changing my number? i never did.

it would be a lie to say i didn't care about you. those closest to me say i'm wasting my time.
but i wouldn't be able to live with myself if i didn't keep trying to be there for you.
i keep telling myself i'll be okay.

there's hope. don't stop believin' in yourself.

and even if we were never meant to be.
don't forget me.we were everything that was right, at the wrong time.
close your eyes.
i'm screaming. can't this all be a nightmare? faster and faster. falling.
sometimes i wake up missing your arms around me. i'm fine.
i can't help myself from looking for ya. seeing your face in everyone's face i encounter.
let it burn. don't forget how we were. no matter what you chose.
i'm fine, really.


and yet.....i want to erase all of this. because it has no significance. there are no words i can use.

i miss you
.

No comments:

Post a Comment